B.Vet .Sci, M. Sc.
Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Science University
National University of Singapore
Laboratory animals, Animal models, Metabolic Disease
Summary of Research
My major activities include care, breeding and health of laboratory animals used in research. Other area of interest includes the study on animal models for metabolic syndrome and related diseases.
- Srikanth Iyer, Shailendra Arindkar, Alaknanda Mishra, Kapil Manglani, Jerald Mahesh Kumar, Subeer S Majumdar, Pramod Upadhyay*and Perumal Nagarajan * Development and evaluation of transgenic nude mice expressing ubiquitous green fluorescent protein (2014 ) Molecular Imaging & Biology (Accepted for Publication)
- Gopal K, Nagarajan Perumal, Shankar EM, Kamarul T, Kumar JM (2014) High-fat diet- and angiotensin II-induced aneurysm concurrently elicits splenic hypertrophy. Eur J Clin Invest. Dec; 44(12):1169-76.
- Bhattacharjee J, Kumar JM, Arindkar S, Das B, Pramod U, Juyal RC, Majumdar SS, Nagarajan Perumal*. (2014) Role of immunodeficient animal models in the development of fructose induced NAFLD. J Nutr Biochem. Feb; 25(2):219-26.
- Usmani A, Ganguli N, Sarkar H, Dhup S, Batta SR, Vimal M, Ganguli N, Basu S, Nagarajan P, Majumdar SS (2013) A non-surgical approach for male germ cell mediated gene transmission through transgenesis. Sci Rep. Dec 5;3:3430.
- Shailendra A, Jashdeep B, Jerald MK, Barun D, Upadhyay P, Asif S, Ramesh CJ, Subeer SM, Perumal Nagarajan * (2013) Antigen Peptide Transporter 1 (TAP 1(-/-) is involved in the development of fructose-induced hepatic steatosis in mice. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 28:1403-1409.
- Gopal K, Nagarajan Perumal, Jedy J, Raj AT, Gnanaselvi KV, Jahan P, Sharma Y, Shankar EM, Jerald Mahesh kumar (2013) .Beta-carotene attenuates angiotensin II-induced aortic aneurysm by alleviating macrophage recruitment in Apoe-/- mice .PLoS ONE. 27;8:e67098.
- Nagarajan Perumal, Arindkar, S, Singh, S. and Majumdar, S.S (2013) Effect of long-term castration on serum biochemistry in rhesus monkeys Journal of Medical Primatology. 42:132-136.
- Duhan V, Joshi N, Nagarajan Perumal, Upadhyay P. Protocol for long duration whole body hyperthermia in mice (2012) J Vis Exp. 25;(66).
- Perumal Nagarajan* Arindkar Shailendra, Ramasamy Venkatesan, M. Jerald Mahesh Kumar and Subeer S MajumdarRamesh C Juyal (2012)Sex and strain-related differences in the peripheral blood cell values of mutant mouse strains Comparative Clinical Pathology. 1577-1585.
- Nagarajan Perumal*, Mahesh Kumar MJ, Venkatesan R, Majundar SS, Juyal C Ramesh. (2012)Genetically modified mouse models for the study of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease World J of Gastroenterol. 18:1141-1153.
- P.Nagarajan*, R.Venkatesan, MJ Mahesh Kumar, Subeer S Majumdar (2008) Bonnet monkey a spontaneous model for NAFLD Liver International. 28:856-864.