Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR), New Delhi.
Intellectual Property Rights, Biosensor, Bioinformatics, Environmental Biotechnology, Climate Change
Summary of Research
Dr. Anil Kumar is presently working as Staff Scientist in the National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi. Dr. Kumar has a research background for developing biotech-based technologies for industrial and societal benefits. As an inventor, he credits 59 patents (granted) for developing product & processes useful in different industries. He had participated in the development of BOD biosensor which has recently been transferred to industry. Dr. Kumar has also conceptualized five internet-based databases for free dissemination of knowledge pertaining to Environmental Biotechnology. In 2012, one of his patents has been selected for CSIR Technology Award 2012 and other US patent won Merck Millipore India Innovation Award 2012. Presently he is working in the area of IPR pertaining to biological sciences.
CSIR Technology Award, 2012
Merck Millipore India Innovation Award, 2012
'Young Scientist Award’ from IUBMB, 2006.
‘Young Investigator Award’ from “HUPO 3rd Annual World Congress”, 2004.
Merit Scholarship from Department of Biotechnology during M.Sc. at IIT Roorkee
FAOBMB Travel Fellowship in 2004.
Inventorship in Patents (Granted 59)
- Majhi MC, Behera AK, Kulshrestha NM, Mahmooduzafar, Kumar R, Kumar A (2013) Extreme: A unified web repository of extremophilic microorganisms PLoSONE, 16;8(5):e63083.
- Gahoi S, Mandal RS, Ivanisenko N, Shrivastava P, Jain S, Singh AK, Raghunandanan MV, Kanchan S, Taneja B, Mandal C, Ivanisenko VA, Kumar A, Kumar R, Open Source Drug Discovery Consortium, Ramachandran S (2013) Computational Screening for New Inhibitors of M. tuberculosis Mycolyltransferases Antigen 85 Group of Proteins as Potential Drug Targets. J Biomol Struct Dynam 31(1):30-43. doi: 10.1080/07391102.2012.691343.
- Kulshreshtha NM, Kumar R, Begum Z, Shivaji S, Kumar A (2013) Exiguobacterium alkaliphilum sp. nov. isolated from alkaline wastewater drained sludge of a beverage industry located in India. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, ijs.0.039123-0; doi:10.1099/ijs.0.039123-0.
- Gupta S, Saxena M, Saini N, Mahmooduzzafar, Kumar R, Kumar A (2012) An Effective Strategy for a Whole-Cell Biosensor Based on Putative Effector Interaction Site of the Regulatory DmpR Protein. PLoSONE 7(8): e43527.
- Dhall P, Kumar R, Siddiqi TO and Kumar A (2012) Selection of an apt support for immobilization of microbes for developing BOD biosensor Anal. Methods, 2013, DOI: 10.1039/C2AY26208H.
- Saini R, Kapoor R, Kumar R, Siddiqui TO and Kumar A (2011) CO2 utilizing microbes-A comprehensive review. Biotechnol Adv 29(6):949-60.
- Joshi S, Bisht GS, Rawat DS, Kumar A, Kumar R, Maiti S and Pasha S (2010) Interaction studies of novel cell selective antimicrobial peptides with model membranes and E. coli ATCC 11775. Biochim Biophys Acta 1798(10):1864-75.
- Saini R, Majhi MC, Kapoor R, Kumar A and Kumar R (2009) CSD: A database of CO2 utilizing strains. Environ Model Software 24(9):1133-1134.
- Dhall P, Kumar A, Joshi A, Saxsena TK, Manoharan A, Makhijani SD, Singh VP and Kumar R (2008) Quick and reliable estimation of BOD load of beverage industrial wastewater by developing BOD biosensor. Sensor Actuator B Chem 133(2):478-483.
- Bisht GS, Rawat DS, Kumar A, Kumar R and Pasha S (2007) Antimicrobial activity of rationally designed amino terminal modified peptides. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17(15):4343-4346.